Another atypical post, but if you’re a subscriber to Canvas and don’t visit the site often, you might miss this info, and I want to be sure it gets out to all concerned parties. 🙂
First, as our disclaimer clearly states, none of us is a mental health professional, and thus we are not qualified to diagnose, treat, or give advice on treatment of any condition.
That being kept always in mind, each of us knows well how frightening, intimidating, confusing, and frustrating it can be to try to wade through the mental health mishigas that exists when seeking for a proper diagnosis, and how talking with those who have done it – or more accurately, are doing it still – can be incredibly helpful and reassuring.
We want very much for you to feel like those of us on Canvas can be helpful and supportive to you, as a friend would, but we cannot take the place of proper professional care.
Please don’t let this scare you off from commenting or contacting us, we really want to do what we can to help you in your journey to being well.
Keeping that in mind, the following is a list of links we have found to be great resources.
- Bipolar II, Mood Swings without Mania; Brain Tours; Stress and Depression; Hormones and Mood; and more…
- BringChange2Mind and The Balanced Mind Foundation: Fighting the Stigma of Mental Illness | The Balanced Mind Foundation
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance: Improving the Lives of People Living with Mood Disorders, with direction to Find a support group, and even further Online Support Group Entrance
- International Mental Health Research Organization
- NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness – Mental Health Support, Education and Advocacy, and specifically the resource State & Local NAMIs
- NIMH · Home (National Institute on Mental Health)
- Online Support Groups and Forums at DailyStrength
- Psych Central – Trusted mental health, depression, bipolar, ADHD and psychology information
We’ll keep adding and organizing as we think of more links, and of course anything you have found helpful is welcomed in the comments.
The very best to you all,
© Ruby Tuesday and A Canvas Of The Minds 2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Ruby Tuesday and A Canvas Of The Minds with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.